14.7 C
Washington
Saturday, June 3, 2023

Video Captures E-Scooter Igniting in Flames Inside a London Residence

Shocking Video Footage Reveals E-Scooter Exploding in Flames While Charging in a North-West London Home

A distressing incident unfolded in a residence located in Harlesden, Brent, as captured by video footage, when an e-scooter suddenly burst into flames and exploded in the kitchen. The London Fire Brigade (LFB) promptly responded to the blast, which occurred over the weekend.

The fortunate owner of the scooter, who happened to be inside the house at the time, expressed immense gratitude for escaping the fire unharmed. LFB reported that there have been 48 e-bike fires and 12 e-scooter fires in the capital this year alone.

The scooter’s owner, Dell Williams, disclosed that he had recently purchased it from the online marketplace Gumtree with the intention of facilitating his travels around London. Attempting to extinguish the flames with a blanket, he was ultimately overcome by smoke and required hospital treatment for smoke inhalation.

Still in a state of shock, Williams expressed his profound relief that no one else was harmed, stating, “I cheated death.” The captured footage, obtained from two cameras positioned in the house’s hallway and kitchen, vividly portrays the rapid ignition of the e-scooter while it was being charged.

LFB cautioned that e-scooter and e-bike fires are becoming increasingly common and urged individuals to ensure that their vehicles comply with UK safety standards. Additionally, they emphasized that charging such devices should not be done within the confines of a home.

Latest news

Related news